<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Friday, August 20, 2004

 

Another cartoon candidate

I've decided that Alan Keyes is also a cartoon candidate, at least in his willingness to adopt positions at odds with his previous positions.

For instance, Keyes very publically decried (rightly, I believe) H. Clinton's run for the NY Senate as a carpet bagger and then did the same when afforded the same opportunity. (link)

And now for what appears to be for no other reason than possible partisan political profit, Keyes is calling for slave reparations, a position he also earlier decried (rightly, I believe).

So now in my political cartoon pantheon I now have the following characters:
John Kerry: "Anything Bush proposes must be a bad thing, even if I just proposed the same thing."
Alan Keyes: "Principles? What principles? Just vote for me."
Dennis Kucinich: "I'm just crazy enough to win."

What conclusions do I draw from this?

1) I really, really hope Obama wins. Big. If I could vote in the upcoming election in Illinois, I would vote for Obama. Where's a Daley when you need one?

2) Just to be safe, no one whose last name begins with a K should be allowed to run for elected office at the federal level. (The case for K candidates really isn't helped by the existence of Ted Kennedy, either.)

Comments(0) |
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?