Saturday, February 14, 2009
How things change
Me, I think I'll have to appropriate "work-a-holic force-of-nature" to my sig.
And for a little context to that post, on the day I met with Ashwin, I (in approximate order of completion):
- finished up and delivered a 125 page report I had started Monday night (only about 40 pages were brand new as it drew heavily on intermediate reports though getting in all the required formatting was the most time-consuming part)
- put together a 1 hour presentation (but cut down from a previous 2 hour presentation with about 15 minutes of new material)
- reviewed that report and presentation with a sub for about 30 minutes (they didn't write any of it, but while they're a "sub", they're a much much bigger / experienced company and they were willing to give me feedback prior to submission based on an earlier draft).
- had a 40 minute meeting with Ashwin to loosely scope out 3 different proposals,
- had a telecon debrief for an hour with a project sponsor (and some subs)
- met with my business partner for about 15 minutes
- met with another guy at VT to discuss a different set of proposals and general interactions with a funding agency,
- met with the PI on a project CRT is funding at VT to clear up some contracting paper work (more accurately VT is a sub to CRT on a project)
- and got a quote from VTIP on officially licensing back some of my IP
- then some other random phone calls while I was driving (e.g. setting up the schedule for a trip next week)
Of course, other stuff was also done (like dropping in on Thason, driving for 3 hours and shopping some). But that day started at 5:00 AM and finished by 8:00 PM, which is a bit lax as I could've gotten some more stuff done (patents to file, papers to write / review) before I went to sleep at 11:00.