<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

 

Voting Report - Christiansburg

I've just returned home from voting. I arrived at my polling place (the Christiansburg Recreation Center) at about 6:05, and I stood in line for an hour. I estimate that there were about 200 people in line in front of me when I arrived. The end of the line was essentially in the same place for the entire time that I was there.

The weather was nice enough, so the people in line were polite and in pretty good spirits. I spent quite a bit of time talking with the people in line around me. While I stood in line, I also signed a petition to move the Christiansburg town elections from May to November.

The line moved reasonably, so the fact that there were only five machines on the premises surprised me vaguely.

I will be curious to see how the local turnout goes today. When I woke up this morning, I considered waiting until the afternoon, but I think I may have made the right decision.

Get out and vote!

Labels: ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?