<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

 

CRT is #1! (or from a different perspective, I'm a small small man)

I find this cool and have no one in the office to tell about it, so I thought I would share here.


My little start up is now on the first page of Google search results for "cognitive radio". (both with and without the quotes, though oddly higher without). This was a specific goal for this year, and we satisfied it with 3.5 months to go. (FYI: we also had the goals of a) 6 patents applications - we're on pace with 4, b) winning the SBIR on cognitive radio - done, and c) lining up a 6 figure contract so I could hire some help - not done, but could happen)


To give you a feel for the magnitude of that result - cognitive radio is the dominant area of research in wireless communications; every wireless communications company and their brother are doing something with it - even non-comm companies like google and microsoft are interested.


There's some 446,000 hits for "cognitive radio" (without the quotes) and 139,000 hits for "cognitive radio" (with the quotes). And we're on the first page and are the first company listed (next is microsoft on the second page).

No search engine optimization. No tricks. Just a lot of content which a lot people read (like a really good blog just on cognitive and copies of all my public tutorials and papers) . It has been a lot of work, and it was apparently successful, so I'm quite pleased with myself.


And just in case we drop off the front page as suddenly as we rose up (CRT had been on page 2 of the results for about 4 months), here's a screen capture.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?