<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Thursday, July 03, 2008

 

Why my job is so cool, Part 2

I was just officially awarded a SBIR (scroll down to N08-099) to prototype an extension to my dissertation.1 It's rare that you get to continue the work you started in your dissertation, and it's effectively every PhD's dream that their work would actually get used.

FYI, it's not a lot of money and a portion of it is going to a much larger DoD contractor whose radios I'll end use to make the prototype more relevant to the sponsor (Navy), but this'll be the first chance to see how close my algorithms in practice match my algorithms in theory / simulation.

1. I've effectively known it was coming since March when the first round of "selections for further consideration" were made. I think most every one who reads the blog knew of it. So this isn't something different than what you've heard from me before. But it's still cool.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?