<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

I may be alone in this opinion

but I think this is a good thing: Democrats Plan a Shorter Workweek.

When you're a career politician, you tend to judge your value by the number of laws you passed, so I understand why some in Congress are decrying this move. But if you, like me, are of the opinion that any federal government iniative is far more likely to make things worse than better (think Hayekian theory of information), then anything that reduces the potential for new legislation is a good thing.

To be fair, I have a similar view about hospitals - I think they're about as likely to accidentally kill you as to make you better so I avoid them unless there's a strong chance that you're going to die without the intervention of a hospital.

I think a similar metric could be established for federal government action. Suggestions?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?