<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Beautiful Cities, Ugly Cities

The little debate over zoning between Matt and I (he's fur it, I'm agin it) inevitably came to the appearance of cities - a rather subjective measure on which we differed.

In my opinion, the best looking city I've visited is Miami FL. It's got a common architectural theme (not the theme of a city where I would want to live, but I appreciate it nonetheless), a nice mixture of buildings, and I think it neatly embraces its setting.

In my opintion, the worst looking city I've visited is Swansea Wales. It's an industrial city with lots of short squat buildings. It did, however, have a Tennessee Fried Chicken which amused me greatly, but didn't make the city any prettier.

What's your best/worst looking cities and why?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?