<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

 

PETA and KFC

I'm no fan of PETA. Even when I might otherwise be sympathetic to a cause of theirs, I find their tactics to be grossly over the top (plus they kill puppies. No, really.).

So it is with gleeful schaudenfreude (is there any other kind?) that I read this headline:
"PETA protest draws extra customers to KFC in Logan"

The article clarifies this headline with the following statistic:
"During the first four hours of business, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., on Monday, the store had 211 customers compared with 130 the Monday before, supervisor John Simmons said Tuesday."
So if you're in the mood for a little schaudenfreude as well, click through to the article where you'll also find this quote:
''I think there's a place in this world for all of God's creations ... right next to the mashed potatoes''
(h/t KLo)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?