<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

The Worst Supreme Court Ever

Leave a comment on which Supreme Court (by Chief Justice) you think is the worst Supreme Court (or if you're feeling comic book guyish "the worst Supreme Court ... ever!").

To help you decide, here's a list of every important supreme court decision with case descriptions and here's a list of justices with terms of service.

Some good nominees include Tawney Taney (Dred Scott), Fuller (Plessy), Stone (Wickard, Korematsu), or Burger (the penumbra).

While I decline to reveal my vote for the moment (I'll make a longer case for my vote later this afternoon), I'll just say that my vote became an easy one around 10:50 this morning.

Update
I'm going to try to get some work done (I'm actually pretty steamed at the moment, perhaps not this taken back by the decision, but still rather pissed off and yes, worried about the country), but my sentiments on the New London case are neatly captured by this picture.

Also this amendment idea seems like a good one.

Update 2
For those interested, the Kelo v New London decision is here.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?