<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

Randomly generated conference papers

I've been spending a lot of time carefully writing up the most theoretical chapter of my dissertation which I'll try to post tonight.

But I'm a fool.

You don't need to do that at all for an acceptable publication. You can have a computer generate random geek speak and get a paper accepted to a conference like these guys did.

WMSCI 2005
(World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics) accepted this paper (pdf) which if you read it and know just a little about the subject, you'll recognize that it's complete gibberish.

Well at least it wasn't a journal, though it does remind me of Atlanta Nights and I am the Very Model of a Modern Major Major, Yossarian.

Update
Link to webpage about the paper is fixed (the "guys" hyperlink). Thanks Rog!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?