<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Monday, April 11, 2005

 

Hammerdämmerung

I haven't posted anything about politics for a while. But I think I've found something that even Jody and I can agree on: keeping Tom DeLay as majority leader. The Republicans, like any political party, need someone to represent their public face, their values and goals in their purest form. I think DeLay is right for the job, and I encourage all of you to write your Congressman and tell them to end the witch hunt.

Unfortunately, some elements of the Republican party have gone rogue. For example, here's Chris Shays:

"Tom's conduct is hurting the Republican Party, is hurting this Republican majority and it is hurting any Republican who is up for re-election," Shays told The Associated Press Sunday.

Exactly. And that's why it's so important that Republicans stand as one to defend Mr. DeLay. What's happening to party discipline here? Even Rick Santorum seems to have doubts...

In all seriousness, partisan politics aside, I'm glad to see that there are some levels of corruption that Republicans won't defend. And anything that's bad for autocrats is good for representative democracy. There's really not much difference between "I am the federal government," and "L'etat, c'est moi."

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?