<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

Geography games

Jonah posted a bunch of rather cool geography games in the Corner today which I enjoyed and thought I would share (all but one from this site which also has pure trivia games as well).

US
Place the state in the right position (generally pretty easy cept when your first piece is Wyoming)
Place the state in the right position and no other state positions are ever visible (you'll be surprised how hard it is to exactly place Nebraska when you've got nothing else)

Europe
Put the country in the right spot (like the first US game)

Put the country in the right spot, cept countries are randomly rotated and the wrong size (I f*d up Belgium alot)

Place the European capitals
(You're scored by how many km you're from the city center. My lowest total was ~380 km, but I had to play a few times, and I know exactly where Bucharest is now at least to the pixel on my screen)

Africa
Name the African country (the Seychelles is a little funny, you actually have to click a little bit up and to the right)

Place African countries (I think I finally have a good grasp on my West African geography)

Place missized, rotated African countries (only if you're feeling masochistic)

Asia (The same games are there, I just thought the list was getting a little repetitive)

South/Central America (The same games are there, I just thought the list was getting a little repetitive)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?