<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Monday, February 21, 2005

 

The Wrong Idea

It won't be available for anyone but Onion Premium subscribers until Wednesday (so for now, no link), but they have a great editorial headlined "I Support The Occupation Of Iraq, But I Don't Support Our Troops." The opening paragraph:

The U.S. went to war in Iraq to remove an evil and dangerous political adversary from power. Now that we have done that, the American troops must remain in Iraq until the country is a fully functioning democracy, able to spark change throughout the entire Middle East. While I find this obvious, there are still a lot of people in our country who fail to grasp it. I support Bush-administration foreign-policy goals, but I stand firmly against the individual men and women on the ground in the Persian Gulf.

Comments(0) |
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?