<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 

Kriswell Predicts!

I'll be posting about the SOTU later (just got home from work, long day, also just got The Killer on DVD so I wanna check that out). But I'd like to point this out: the day after I posted about the KeyKatcher, a student in Houston is being charged with a misdemeanor for putting one of these devices on his teacher's machine and selling answers to tests. That's what's troubling about these; they're very easy to install, and don't require admin rights or any computer skills, unlike traditional software keyloggers. I guess the one plus is that they force home the idea that information security is linked to physical security, but I'm afraid nobody's doing much intelligent thinking about either one these days. H/T Slashdot.

Comments(0) |
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?