<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Friday, December 10, 2004

 

Jody Jr never had a chance

I work (and blog) almost exclusively on a laptop. Which is why the news that regular laptop use kills sperm caught my eye. It's been relatively common knowledge that heightened temperatures were bad for your swimmers. And anyone who has ever worked with a laptop knows they can get pretty hot, and you definitely notice the excess heat on your scrotum that comes from a laptop.

So for the last several years, my almost continuous laptop usage has probably significantly lowered my sperm count. While I wasn't married, that was probably a good thing.

However, now that I am married, I gotta look out for my boys down there. Fortunately, I had put 2 and 2 together a before reading the article, so I got a bed desk a few weeks back (actually was on the wedding registry).

Now maybe in a couple years, Jody Jr will have a fighting chance (actually a first born son would be named James Pillaipakkam Neel or J.P. for short per family tradition) .

Side note: They say that in order to be in a more relaxed frame of mind for a date you should engage in a little onanism ahead of time (this was the premise of the "hair gel" scene from There's Something About Mary). So if you've got a laptop, it can "pull" double duty - it can provide onanistic inspiration (NOT WORK SAFE) and possibly limit the chance of an unwanted pregnancy later...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?