<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2004

 

Do it for America

I'm back for long enough to make an appeal to our educated readership, and then it's back to grading exams.

I found a site today called the Geography Olympics. You can check the site out here. Entrants indicate the nation (and state, if they choose the United States) they want to represent, and then they take a ten question quiz.

Given a map of the world, the player has 200 seconds to find 10 countries on a clickable, draggable map. After the player has finished the 10 questions, the quiz is scored, and the result is added to a rolling average of players from that country (and state).

I think that you can only play 3 times a day. The quiz said something about not being able to cheat, but given that I really only had trouble with one of my questions, I could have easily looked that one up and still had time to finish.

Oh well, I got 90 percent on my first try, because I couldn't find Tonga.

Give it a shot, and let the bragging begin...I'm especially talking to all of you trivia people out there.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?