<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

 

Debate 3

9:32
Bush said that one of the causes of the rising costs of medicine is the lack of a direct market in medicine. Be still my libertarian heart...

9:39
Damn Bush. To say this to a CBS moderator... "In all due respect, I know don't how fair it is to quote media sources..."

9:43
Bush dares to touch the Social Security third rail and Kerry is trying to burn him for it. Such is life. Kerry says he will in effect do nothing to fix Social Security. Chicken Little Kerry.

Now's Kerry's talking about Bush's INCOME tax cut as causing insolvency in social security. SS is supposed to be self-sufficient. If an income tax cut hurts social security, then umm, it's not self-sufficient.

Hoover reference. DRINK!!

9:49
Immigration. Wow. Props for this question. However, I fear that a lot of the difficulties are institutional (read as management).

Kerry's proposing biometrics. How would that help stop people sneaking across the border?

9:55
Kerry wants to raise the minimum wage. Yes, I thought we needed some more inflation. Silly Kerry. Kerry's understanding of economics on this issue is appalling.

Bush would've raised the minimum wage too? Restart my libertarian heart. Education is a better idea than raising the minimum wage. Also as a quicky aside, immigration and poverty are closely related (link).

10:06
Bush finally called Kerry on Gulf War I (in a domestic debate - tells you where the country's priorities are). I wonder how many people saw it... Would've better placed in the first debate.

10:08
Affirmative action - Kerry's for it. To me yet another election ender. (Global test, Kyoto, Strong support of AWB, and Affirmative action)

Again Bush is hitting on education. I like that approach much better. No fish, but we'll teach you how to fish.

10:13
Faith question for Bush. I still don't know why the media goes after him so hard on the issue. Oh wait, yes I do. Back to questions slanted against Bush.

The imaginary exchange that just went through my head:
Kerry: "I think we have a lot more loving of our neighbors to do in this country"
Bush: "Need some wood?"

10:21
That's the softest softball question to end a debate I've ever heard.

That "Integrity Integrity Integrity" line is going to end up in an ad.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?