<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

 

Common Comment Switches

In this comment, Thason asks how to insert hyperlinks into comment text. As I figure my answer will be useful to more people than just Thason, I'm posting it here.

In general, most html swtiches used to create a post can be used in haloscan comments (well at least comments on polyscifi). Major exceptions that I know of include images and block quotes. However, for those not familiar with the html code used to create a post, I'll list them in the following.

Common html switches
(Note in the following, rather than using the symbols "<" and ">" I'm using "[" and "]" so your browser won't interpret and thus hide the switches. To use the switches, replace each instance of "[" with a "<" and each "]" with a ">")

Hyperlinks [a href="your link here"]text to display[/a]

Bold Faced [b] your text [/b]

Italics [i]your text[/i]

Underlined [u]your text[/u]

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?