<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

 

The RNC in a sentence

Looking at the lineup of speakers and what they've said so far, I think the message the following is the message being pushed by the RNC:
You may disagree with Bush on X and Y, but on the War on Terror, you agree with his approach (perhaps not some details), and at this time, the right approach to the War on Terror trumps everything else.
We'll see how this holds up, but it explains the list of headline speakers (John McCain, Rudy G, Ahhnaald, Zell all of whom ) and I think also captures the thoughts of many of Bush's less enthused supporters like Glenn Reynolds, Roger Simon, Bill Quick, Andrew Sullivan, and Neil Boortz. All of these, I believe would vote differently if there was no WoT because of varying criticisms of Bush from the left and from the right (If Badnarik wasn't such a bad candidate, I would probably be voting libertarian if it wasn't for the WoT). Also this is an argument that appears to have some traction with reluctant Kerry supporters like Mickey Kaus and Jeff Jarvis.

I think it's a powerful message for the undecideds, reluctants, and the base (but then again, I already pointed out that it strongly resonates with me). We'll see if the convention stays on topic for the rest of the week and see how it plays out in the polls (I predict it plays well in the polls - a 6-7 point bounce in Rasmussen).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?