<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

 

The DNC Keynote

Yo.

I've been on extended hiatus, enjoying my vacation.  There have been a number of things that I've thought about coming on long enough to write up, but I have a dedicated erstwhile "ally," and its name is laziness.

In a week or so, I will actually be looking forward to resuming a teaching schedule, as it will return some structure to my existence.  Perhaps when I go back to having a million things to do, this will seem like a more worthwhile "waste" of time.  But for now, I can idle away hours with no effort.  And isn't that what America is all about?

Anyway, on to my purpose for being here.  I just got finished watching State Senator Obama's keynote address at the Democratic National Convention.  Does he even have an opponent yet?  Does anyone who watched that speech want that job?

So then, I watched the entire speech, and I found myself thinking something...odd.  Something that gave me a warm pleasant feeling for this country.  (No, Jody.  Not that.)

I found myself thinking "That man could be President some day."

That's really cool.

Comments(4) |
I concur, Obama did a very good job. At the moment, I don't believe the Illinois republicans have gotten their act together to nominate someone.

However, had Ditka accepted the nomination, of course Ditka would've won. Cause even if Ditka is up against a hurricane, Ditka wins. But if the hurricane is named Ditka...
Are you MAD?

I've seen the Senate's D-line. To suggest that they might actually score a safety on the vaunted Ditka offense is tantamount to treason.

Now if Ditka was playing both sides of the ball at once...
Ditka was the long snapper, high snap over the head of Ditka the punter, ball goes out of bounds and a gift two pointer for the Senators.
BLASPHEMY!

Disregarding the fact that Ditka the center would never mess up the snap and that there's no way that Ditka the punter couldn't catch a messed up snap...

What's team Ditka doing punting?!?
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?