<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

 

CMT slouches into VH1

I like CMT, which means I like country music. Though what initially attracted me to CMT was not the music (wasn't a country music fan that long ago), but the fact that they actually played videos, something which MTV and VH1 long ago gave up on. (I may love the 80s, but I would really love to just see music videos from the 80s on a music video station). CMT, however, has started scheduling more and more non-video programming.

CMT now runs a pseudo-cribs/pseudo-HGTV show where fans remake the homes of their favorite singers.
CMT is currently showing the 100 Greatest love songs ala a VH1 list.
CMT routinely shows artist bios (Driven/Inside Fame) ala Behind the Music.
CMT got me in the band is quite similar to the fan shows on MTV.
shows random sports/rodeo like things.
Cowboy U'04 is effectively country Real World.

Other non-video related shows on CMT include the following: CMT Most Shocking, CMT Got me in the band, CMT Insider, CMT Total Release, and Controversy - all similar to shows on VH1 and MTV.

So in the odd chance that anyone from Viacom is reading this (yeah, right), I implore you: please please don't let Viacom continue turning CMT into the same craptastic station that it did to MTV and VH1.

Comments(0) |
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?