<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PolySciFi Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

 
It's great to be here

Thason Jweatt here...

A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I Exist!"

"However,"
Replied the universe
"The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

- Stephen Crane (1871-1900)
...anyway, yes I actually exist. Not that anyone reading this actually cares.

[backspace times twenty-eight]
...is actually reading this to begin with.

I'm really not some dude that Jody made up. Nor am I Jody himself. Those conspiracy theorists among you likely have no reason to believe either of the previous pair of statements, because if I...I mean, if he were going to go through the trouble of concealing his identity through a fictional strawman with such an odd name, then he certainly wouldn't confess to having done it, now would he?

Really, that "I" bit was just an attempt at humor on my part. No, I'm serious...

Well, think what you want. I too, am a Ph.D. student at Virginia Tech, but that is only my part-time gig. I spend much more of my time teaching classes and being Mister Neel's sometimes-apologetic left-of-center secularist nemesis. Hey, we all have to make a living. And entertainment is where you find it.

Depending on the amount of time that I end up devoting to my empty shell of a life, my involvement here will vary somewhere between "Guest Commentator" and "Oh God, It's Him Again..." I don't know much about blogging (yet), but if any fool can have an opinion, then it must be the case that the only bigger fool is someone who takes time out to read someone else's opinions.

Not that anyone is actually reading this to begin with.

Anyway, I almost feel bad that following this introduction, I'll be starting things off with a "Best of Thason" series. It's like landing a byline column, only to go on vacation right afterwards, leaving instructions to have your Aunt's recipe for Caramel Pecan Pie published, just because you had it handy.

But since I consider writing to be therapeutic, I figure that it will aid the therapy to have other people read my rambling nonsen...the well-written, always thought-provoking, and sometimes humorous things that I create to give expression to the empty shell that is my life.

Not that anyone is actually...yeah, okay. I know you get it.

Until the next time, remember:

History's most vast conspiracies have actually been of the left-wing variety...

Comments(0) |
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?